Dylan is only 6 years old, but that didn't stop him from risking his life to save his family when they were in danger.
Dylan was one of the 7 members of his family who were asleep at home when a fire started. He woke up to his dog’s loud barks and the smell of smoke. He opened his room door to find the hall filled with heavy smoke and fierce fire.
"We've seen children alert their families before. But for a 6-year-old to be alert enough to do this... That's pretty extraordinary."
- Fire Chief
According to the fire chief, the fire started by an overloaded electrical outlet and it left the house completely destroyed.
“Thankfully Dylan jumped into action and saved everybody just in time. If it wasn’t for him, it would be impossible for anyone to make it out alive.”
– Fire Chief
In honor of his courageous efforts, Dylan was recognized as an honorary firefighter and presented the Lifesaving Award.
During the ceremony, the media asked how he was able to save everyone.
“I don’t know where the fire came from. I remember mommy taught me to use that blankie if there was a fire. So I took the blankie hanging on the wall, wrapped myself and Diana and Puppy in it and got out. Then I went back in to wake Mommy, Daddy, Mama and Papa up.”
Everyone was touched by how courageous Dylan was. His father praised him greatly for his heroic actions.
“We have a fire alarm, but it didn’t go off that night, I still don’t know why.If it wasn’t for Dylan, we may not even be here. Luckily, he remembered about the blanket. And fortunately, we have it in every room. Everyone came out of the house without a scratch or a burn.”
The ‘blankie’ they were both talking about is the FlamexOut Pro™ Blanket.
It is the most effective device when it comes to fire safety. Unlike the fire alarm that could fail at times due to various reasons, the FlamexOut Pro™ Blanket will always be available whenever you’re in need.
Better than the fire extinguisher, it is inexpensive and doesn’t require maintenance. It is simple and can be used by adults and kids alike.
Made of a fireproof fabric constructed with woven lightweight fiberglass, it is flame-retardant and can withstand temperatures of up to 1650 °F. And because it is lightweight and compact, you can easily grab it at a moment’s notice.
This blanket is designed to extinguish starting fires, by placing it over the fire to smother it. This way, it can eliminate all risks before the fire becomes uncontrollable.
Besides that, wrapping yourself with this blanket helps you to move in and around the fire, ideal for when the flames are blocking the exit or if you are trying to help others get out.
Dylan is the living proof that no one is ever too insignificant to make a change. Because of Dylan’s quick actions, an entire family survived what could have been a horrifying tragedy.
But not all of us can be as lucky as Dylan and his family when it comes to a fire. Therefore, it is essential to be equipped and prepared for the worst.
Protect your home and loved ones, with FlamexOut Pro™ Blanket.